President Wayne Flournoy began his water and wastewater career over 25 years ago. Wayne has extensive technical and management experience with advanced wastewater treatment technologies, including both fixed and moving media systems, as well as IFAS and submerged fixed film systems. Prior to Entex, Wayne provided leadership as President of Kaldnes North America, promoting moving media systems, with full responsibility for all activities for this North American subsidiary of a Scandinavian company. Before that, Wayne was Director of Water and Wastewater for Brentwood Industries where he gained extensive experience with attached growth biological systems. He is well versed in biological nutrient removal and activated sludge systems, having been involved with some of the industry’s groundbreaking work on biological phosphorus removal.
Wayne has also contributed to industry leadership by serving two terms on the Water Environment Federation’s Manufacturing and Representative Committee (MARC). In addition to the wastewater industry, Wayne’s experience in the environmental industry includes tenure with landfill gas to energy project development and cogeneration among others.
Wayne has a BS in Mechanical Engineering and an MBA, both from the University of Virginia.
Papers by Wayne Flournoy:
- Enhancing Nitrification in an Oil Refinery WWTP with IFAS, WEFTEC 2008
- Integrated Fixed-Film/Activated Sludge (IFAS) for Refinery and Petrochemical Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrades, WEFTEC 2008
- Understanding the Importance of Aerobic Mixing, Biofilm Thickness Control and Modeling on the Success or Failure of IFAS Systems for Biological Nutrient Removal, 2007
- Questions and Answers About Integrated Fixed-Film/Activated Sludge (IFAS) in a BNR Pilot Plant, WEFTEC 2007
- Webitat Advanced IFAS System Addresses Common Fixed Media Concerns, WEFTEC 2006
- Engineering Robust Bug Motels for Tough Industrial Wastewater Retrofits